Thursday 1 April 2010

Happy Easter



With a Peruvian National Holiday this Thursday and Friday it has given me 2 extra days off. I have thus far spent it getting sunburnt on the roof terrace. The sunburn was fine but I have since found that sunburn plus a spitting frying pan do not mix well.

The action packed weekend has mainly been spent looking at c.v.s for a geography job at the school (my first big head of department duty) and doing more marking. Daytime TV is however preventing me from doing too much work (In Peru they do not seem to enjoy housing programmes, followed by auction programmes, followed by women who are seemingly loose, followed by more housing programmes and then another auction/antique/david dickinson programme. Instead they have Seinfeld followed by Everybody loves Raymond, followed by football, followed by Two and a half men, followed by Smallville and then some more comedy and some more sport - Its as if I am actually in control of the TV schedule. I also get to read along in Spanish as I watch). Plus, because the TV is from a line from the people who live downstairs, the 70 channels are all free!!! (I dont think the landlord realises)
The TV however is not compatible with my XBOX and so there is an XBOX and Blu-ray player sat in the TV stand, looking very nice, but not being of any use. My guitar hero skills are wasting away by the second!

The main reason for the TV watching is to take my mind off how much I am missing my wife and little miss Pitt. I know it will not be long but the last week has dragged and dragged and dragged so who knows how long the next six are going to seem.

Happy Easter to everyone who takes the time to read my random waffling, I hope it is not too cold for everyone back home and I hope it isn't too cold for those venturing off to Sweden.

adjo (thats Swedish for goodbye for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of the post.

Thanks