Friday 26 March 2010

Unfortunately back in Peru




After the excitement of being back with Clare and Tilly,

the reality of coming back to work hits home with a thud. The flight dragged despite the movies and games and food and books. I tried to sleep but even after 48 hours without sleep, I still cannot fall asleep on a bloody plane.


It never helps that the person in front seems to think it is their God Given right to put their seat back no matter that it crushes the person's legs behind (ie mine). Or that the person sitting behind thinks its ok to put their coat over the arm rest of your seat or that every time they get up to go to the toilet they pull down on your seat, therefore sending your head flying backwards, only to let go and lead to some kind of catapult effect with your chair that sends you hurtling into the person's seat in front - that is still fully reclined despite the fact that they are a midget!!!!!!


Anyway. I finally got back to Lima only to be surrounded by Taxi drivers trying to force you into an overpriced 'tourist car'. When you then inform them that you want to go to your house rather than to a hotel, they make a quick retreat knowing that you know how much you should be paying for the trip. Although even the tourist prices were only $35 for a trip that can take an hour and a half so compared to UK prices, this is not so bad.


Then the traffic hits, the taxi driver weaves his way in and out of gaps too small and very quickly you realise that you are back in Lima!!!

Thank you to everyone that has sent cards, good wishes and presents for Tilly. Clare is in the process of sending thank you cards but she, unsurprisingly, has her hands quite full at the moment.

Leaving them to come back here was bloody difficult but Tilly did give me a going away present of pooing and weeing down the only T shirt I had brought with me, just before I got in the car. I know there will be a lot more of this and to be honest I am even missing the crying and nappy changing already - and I miss doing that for Tilly too!

Until the next post

Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment

please let me know what you think of the post.

Thanks